Thursday, June 12, 2008

Google Webpage Design

I have to admit, I was feeling nervous about creating this webpage. I have created a page for my school but was feeling overwhelmed at the thought of doing it without any support from my colleagues at school. As I begun the process, I found that after I got signed in the process was very similiar to the design my school chose. I think I have mentioned it before, but we are using Schoolwires as our webpage design. It should be active in July. For this assignment, I added a direct link to my page and then another link that takes you to our school website as it looks now.

http://llballard23.googlepages.com/ballardboulevard

I would not use this with students because it would be too difficult for my first graders. At first, I thought it was easy to use, but then I got into a problem were I was finished with my design and it would not let me save. I went to google help and apparently it has happened several other people. The computer thinks that your are disconnected from the internet, but you really aren't. As I searched, no one had seemed to solve the problem yet. I had to start over

1 comment:

Joe Sobeske said...

This technology can be frustrating at times. I guess it's the price we pay for being on the cutting edge. I can only imagine what functionality websites will have five years from now. I suspect most of the glitches you describe will be ironed out.