Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Reflection 13

What most made you say (or think) "that's so neat!" Why?

I was mostly connected to The Application of Artificial Intelligence and Advanced Performance Tracking. The Application of Artificial Intelligence was the I-PUSH and I-PULL. It is exciting to think of a technology that can "actively guide learners toward achieving expertise within a given content area". The idea that it could diagnose the learners errors is GREAT because then the instruction can be designed to meet the individual needs of the students!

The Advanced Performance Tracking is almost more than I can comprehend. It is amazing to think that one can improve a task by the diagnoses of a computer. This seems to be most relevant for those who desire to improve their performance in a sport. I am interested to know how this would benefit the world of education.Any ideas?

4 comments:

hayesmelissa said...

I agree AI is just amazing!! It blows my mind what is possible now a days.

Melissa

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I also found the artificial intelligence section interesting. It would be great for students to use something that could figure out what they needed to work on and as you say guide them based on this diagnosis. The chapter compared it to having a personal tutor. Very neat stuff.
Tony Vitto

Karel de Waal Malefyt said...

Hmmm, good question about how APT can be used in education. I explained a bit about music, but in thinking about other areas, I struggled to think of any. It could be used as a guidance possibly in lab work in the science classroom?